- The kinds of personal information that we may collect include: your full name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal or residential address, telephone numbers or financial information (such as your credit or debit card details).
- Except to the extent required by law, we do not collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as health information, race, religion or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
- You may, on occasion, visit our website anonymously or otherwise deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym. However, if you choose not to provide us with certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the full products, services or information that you seek from us or our website.
USE OF INFORMATION
- We may collect and use your personal information for the purposes of (without limitation); operating and managing the website; processing applications submitted by you for securities in CathRx; administering and providing services in relation to your security holding in CathRx; providing our products and services to you that you have requested (such as delivering products or responding to your queries or feedback); informing you of any developments in the company’s business and activities; improving and customising the content of our website for users; conducting analysis on our website usage (e.g. to monitor website usage and traffic; for our internal business purposes (such as business or financial management or account purposes); in order to comply with our legal and/or regulatory obligations; and for any other purposes for which you may reasonably expect.
- We may use and/or disclose any of the personal information that we may collect from you to third parties in the event of any change or reorganisation of business ownership, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business assets or operations or any other business transaction, including, without limitation to, the successor entity or in connection with bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
- Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure or if we are required to do so in order to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations. For example, we may be required to disclose your personal information to government or regulatory bodies and agencies, law enforcement bodies (such as the police), courts of law if required or authorised to do so by law.
- From time to time, we may disclose your personal information to our related entities, business partners or third party suppliers for the purposes of:
(a) operating our business and providing services (such as the issue of securities in CathRx and the provision of services and appropriate administration in relation to those security holdings) to you;
(b) storing and managing our information databases which may store your personal information, for example, cloud hosting services;
(c) operating, managing and developing our website (for example, disclosure to website hosting services, website tracking and statistical analysis services);
(d) managing our investors’ holdings (for example, disclosure to our share registry service provider); and
(e) distributing marketing materials about the company, our website and/or our products and services (for example, disclosure to printing and mailing houses).
- We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf (for example, delivery services, mailing houses or payment processors). In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
- When we disclose your personal information to a third parties, we use reasonable endeavours to ensure that that these third parties maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and that no personal information, other than what is required for the relevant purposes, is disclosed to these third parties.
- Overseas disclosure: We may disclose your personal information to recipients that are located outside of Australia, such as third parties that we may enter into corporate transactions with or who assist us in the management, conduct or funding of our business. For example, we may have to import and export your personal information into and out of various jurisdictions to third parties located overseas who assist us in the processing, storage or analysis of your website, or who provide technical and website to us, to allow for the interoperability and hosting of our website. Where we disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, these recipients are most likely to be located in USA, United Kingdom, Singapore and Malaysia.
- Important Notice: In the event that the use of your personal information involves the disclosure of any information outside of Australia, you acknowledge that by providing us with your personal information you consent to such overseas disclosure. By consenting to such disclosure, you acknowledge that:
(a) CathRx will not be accountable under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) for any breach of your privacy by the overseas recipient; and
(b) You will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) against CathRx for any breach of your privacy by an overseas recipient.
Note: countries outside of Australia may not always have the same or similar privacy and data protection laws and in some cases, foreign law may require us to disclose your personal information overseas, for example to an overseas law enforcement authority. Please be aware that you may not be able to seek redress for a breach of privacy in a country outside of Australia.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure and any provision of personal information to us is at your own risk.
- However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems and to secure your personal information from misuse, interference, loss and/or unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure.
- We secure the personal information you provide to us by password protected files in our own servers.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
COLLECTING INFORMATION FROM USERS
- We may also collect, use and disclose, non-personal information obtained from your use of our website, for example, IP addresses, and browser types. This non-personal information is collected in aggregate and cannot be traced to an individual user. We may also use “cookies” to collect information about your use of our website in order to help customise your online experience and use of our website.
- IP Addresses
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user. This information is collected and used for the operation of the website, to monitor and improve the quality of our website and services and to conduct general statistical analysis regarding the traffic and use of our website.
- Cookies and Applets
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the site. You have the option to reject or delete cookies by modifying your internet browser settings. You may still use and visit our website without accepting cookies. However, please be aware that you may not be able to experience the full features of our website.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If you wish to access the personal information that we hold about you, or if, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the personal information corrected.
- You may submit your request for access or correction by contacting us at email@example.com by completing the Enquiry Form accessible at our website: www.cathrx.com/contact/ or by using the Contact Information below and providing us with details of your request.
- Once we receive your request, we will endeavour to respond to that request within a reasonable period after your request is made. There are some exceptions, as specified by law, where we may refuse your requests. If one of these circumstances applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for the refusal, unless it would be unreasonable to do so.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
PROBLEMS, QUESTIONS AND PRIVACY COMPLAINTS
- If we become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems with our websites, we will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns.
- We will then investigate your complain and use reasonable efforts to remedy your concern and provide you with our response within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint or query.
- If after receiving our response, you consider that your privacy complaint has not be resolved, or if you would like more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, you may refer your complaint or visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website: www.oaic.gov.au/.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: 5 Parkview Drive, Sydney Olympic Park, NSW 2127, AUSTRALIA
- Phone: +61 2 9397 5700
- Completing the Enquiry Form at our website: www.cathrx.com/contact/
Last Updated: December 2016